A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Trying new things

Over the past month I've finished a few projects that I haven't posted because they're gifts that I don't want the recipients to see until they've received them.

That isn't to say that I haven't been busy doing other things. I found this super cute patter for baby sandals on  Ravelry and just had to give them a try. They turned out so cute and they were relatively easy to make. They were made to go with the matching hats and diaper cover.


A few days ago I was at the library and picked up the book "100 Crochet Projects" by Jean Leinhauser & Rita Weiss. There's a pattern for an entrelac skull cap which I decided to try. I've never attempted to do entrelac before and I think it would have been easier had I tried it with a flat piece. As you can see from the following pic, it didn't turn out as a skull cap - more of a slouch hat.


I also finally finished the slippers for one of my daughters that she's been waiting for since I made the first set a few months ago. So I haven't had idle hands, just busy getting kids ready for school and not much time for posting.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! You have a ravelry too? Probably the best website ever huh?

    I've recently been really busy too, I have five friends who are either pregnant or just had babies and it seems like that number is rising almost every week. So baby booties, baby booties, baby booties!
    I've always wanted to attempt a diaper cover though, they are super cute! I am more comfortable knitting though and usually only crochet flowers or flat knitted pieces together. Im sure if you were closer I'd be constantly bugging you for tips and tricks!
    Thanks for sharing, it makes me feel like we're closer when I get to read stuff like this :)

    ReplyDelete