A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Thursday, December 21, 2006

Clarity

Every once in a while in the midst of my hectic life there comes a moment of such clarity that it makes me pause. Today I had one of those moments. While I was holding the baby, and my son was sitting on the floor playing, and my 2 oldest were tearing up the kitchen in their quest to make breakfast it slapped me in the face how truly blessed I am. I have 4 beautiful, healthy, intelligent children. No...they don't always behave. No...they don't always clean up after themselves. Yes...they drive me absolutely bonkers. But all in all they are truly wonderful and in my day to day life with all the work and frustrations of trying to raise 4 kids on just one income, I tend to forget. Thank you God for blessing me so.

And as the oldest 2 start fighting and the youngest starts crying, the moment is gone as I hunt down the toddler to make sure he's not dumping shampoo or taking the ornaments off the Christmas tree...haha

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:26 AM

    Ah, yes indeed, you are blessed. I pray your Christmas tree is left standing with ornaments in tact. And may you and those 4 bundles of joy have the Merriest Christmas.

    ReplyDelete