A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Monday, May 14, 2012

Yarn Addictions

I don't understand how people who crochet and knit can limit the amount of yarn they have on hand. I try, I really do try really hard not to make extra yarn purchases. In light of that statement I have a confession to make. I'm a yarnoholic. <<-- is that even a word?

Last week a friend of mine asked if I'd make a shrug for her daughter. Seeing as how she's my friend and I love her daughter to bits I enthusiastically said yes. She said she'd like it to be in a shade of brown. I know I had recently purchased some beautiful chocolate colored yarn a couple months ago so decided to dig it out for this project. After going through the house and pulling out a tote and a few bags full of yarn, I didn't find the brown (I think it's hidden in my room somewhere.) but I did find all of this:

The way I had it all laid out I wasn't able to get it all in the picture. The box in the background has been in the closet for years and I found a bag of yarn in the bottom of it that was given to me by my ex-husband's late aunt which included the bag in the foreground which was full of plastic canvas and yarn specifically for that. The sad part is I didn't find the brown and this isn't all of the stash. There's another 20gal tote full of it out in the storage shed that I found the other day and I keep running across small bags of yarn here and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment