A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Monday, June 25, 2012

Slippers

A few weeks back I made myself and one of my daughters some slippers found at Crochet Spot (click the link for the pattern). I did make some adjustments to the pattern to make them fit us each well as well as making a gusset in the back for the heel as I didn't like the way the heel stitched up with the original directions. Anyway, someone else saw them and asked if I'd make her 3 pair and a pair for her daughter. She picked the color combinations and gave me measurements, she also asked for contrasting edging and flowers so here's what I came up with. 


By the time I was done with these I was sick of working with black yarn...ugh. For the contrasting edging I added a round of sc and then a round of picots to make them a bit more 'girly'. The flower pattern was originally for a flower garland with the pattern found at Sarahndipities

I found a recipe for homemade puffy glue that I'll be using to draw some flowers or such on the soles to make them non-skid. She'll be back on Saturday, I hope she likes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment