A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Thursday, July 12, 2012

Hot Hooks and Sore Hands!

Over the past couple of weeks I've been crocheting away and it seems like my hooks got hot and my hands definitely got sore! I finished up some 'time waster' projects, worked on some baby items for a couple of cousins who are pregnant, and decided to try again at Tunisian crochet.

The time wasters really weren't wastes of time. I picked up a ravelry pattern for the Hyperbolic Pseudosphere Scrubbie that I ended up making several of after my oldest daughter took the first one and couldn't put it down. Not only that, they were just fun to make!



I have more of these, just didn't photo them. I generally stopped on round 4 with most of them, but the rainbow one here on the bottom has 9 rounds as the red and orange I did two rounds each because they're the shortest.

For obvious reasons ( I don't want them to see ) I'm not posting the baby stuff yet. That will come later after they've been received.

Now. Tunisian crochet. I tried it once years ago and really had trouble with my tension and working the return rows. So the other day I was looking for something and found my tunisian hook. I decided I'd give it another try and I swear I didn't put that long hook down for almost three days! I found a short row dishcloth pattern on ravelry (yes, I love that site!) that I really liked, but it was in tunisian so what better way to try again, right? I ended up whipping out five of these dishcloths and learning a few other tunisian stitches that I really like. Sometimes I just amaze myself with the things I can learn if I just take the time to try!


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra! Your Tunisian crochet dishcloths are awesome!!! I've been nervous to try to learn Tunisian, but I think I might try with that pattern. Thanks so much!
    xo Jaime

    ReplyDelete