A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Separation Anxiety


I'm suffering from it. I never thought I would at my age but I am. My husband and son are staying at my inlaws this week and I've been miserable since I left them there yesterday. Ok, it's not really THEM I'm referring to. It's my son. This is my first time away from him and I'm not handling it well. I woke up 6 times last night because I thought I heard him crying (it was probably me...lol).
The girls were 4 and had been in daycare since they were babies the first time I spent the night away from them so it was very different. By then I was ready for a break, but I could talk to them on the phone and they'd talk back. JW won't talk on the phone, he just listens...sorta. He thinks it's a game. Funny thing is, the girls are missing him terribly as well. Like I told my dh on the phone last night, even though there are three of us here, the condo seems so empty without JW running around.
Only 4 more days to go. I'm sure we'll be ok, and I've got plenty to do to keep me busy. I just pray it will go by quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment