A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Another shrug

Alicia asked me to make one for her. She wanted a purple one. So being the "wonderful" mother that I am I made her one. I'm not sure I like it, it seems a bit saggy in the back, but she likes it and isn't that all that matters?

So now that Alicia has one, of course Amber wants one too, but she wants a collar on hers ... "and oh mom, do you think you could put a button on the front too so I can close it? And can you make the back come down lower than Alicia's?" (Do you think this child knows what she wants?) Of course I'm making her one and of course I ran out of yarn before I could finish it. Now this is yarn that I've had in my stash for a couple of years so finding the same thing is pretty much impossible. I did find another skein today at A.C. Moore, so hopefully the difference won't be noticable.
On another note - I finished a project I was working on for my Halloween swap partner in one of my groups. A few minutes after I cut the yarn, I couldn't find the remainder of the skein....lo and behold, I have a yarn thief in my house and I caught him red handed!!! (or is that red-toed?)

Maybe we have another crocheter in the family?

No comments:

Post a Comment