A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Friday, September 16, 2005

Today was a good day


to go shopping! I had the unexpected surprise of DH being off work today so I left JW with him and spent several hours in my favorite stores, ie: Hobby Lobby, A.C. Moore and BooksAMillion, all these with a side trip over to Tuesday Morning to check out their new yarns. Oh yeah, I stopped in Joann's too (it's right next to Tues. Mrng) but didn't see anything I just had to have there.
Look what I found at BooksAMillion!!
They had a great selection of crochet mags, but I had to limit myself to just two today. I hit up Tuesday Morning and discovered that not very many people here have discovered they have yarn. I got away with 4 skeins of Spiral (made in Italy) that was marked down from $8.99 to $2.99!
And of course, I had to make purchases at A.C. Moore and Hobby Lobby. A.C. Moore is having a sale on Peaches N Cream cotton for $0.94/skein so I came out with several and another 1lb bag of Homespun mill ends. Much to my surprise HL is STILL having their 1/2off sale on all crochet instruction books and hooks so I bought 3 more books, a couple hooks for my daughter, and a couple misc balls of thread that I needed to complete a project.
All in all, I spent about 3.5 hours out by myself. I think that's the longest I've been alone since before JW was born 16 months ago. I had a great time petting all the yummy yarns and leisurely looking thru all the books. I even met a couple other ladies who crochet and had fun comparing notes with them. I'm kicking myself now for not asking them about starting a local crochet group. :( Oh well, maybe another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment