A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Finished the shrug

Using this pattern from Diane Langan which can be found at her website here: http://www.dianelangan.com/crochetpatterns/shrugs.html .

It's the Ivory Slouchy Shrug pattern. I used some leftover Lion Brand Jiffy (about 2 1/4 skeins). It worked up fairly fast although I did have some problems at first so I emailed her and she answered fairly quickly and I was off and running.

Here's the pic of my finished product. I decided not to add the collar as I felt it would be too hot on my neck. Both of my daughters have asked me to make one for them and they like the collar, so the next ones will be done with it.
LOL, not a very good pic, the left arm looks funny but I think it's just because it's not hanging straight on the hangar. I was holding my son when I hung it and while I was taking the pic, made things a little difficult.
Anyway, you get the idea. I think it turned out ok, but I think when I make them for the girls I'll use a lighter weight yarn.
Tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment