A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Monday, September 26, 2005

Most loved/hated stitches

A few weeks ago on the CPlist at http://crochetpartners.org/ there was a discussion about what stitches everyone loved/hated the most. One of the most frequent to come up as most hated was the picot. At the time of this discussion (although I didn't partake) I whole heartedly agreed that the picot was a horrid little stitch. Of course at the time I'd only ever done it in thread.
Well folks, my opinion has since changed. Yesterday I started my very first MAM and the complete third round has a picot almost every stitch. NO, I didn't read through the pattern before I started (I rarely do). NO, I wasn't at all prepared for it and YES, I screwed up the first turn in the third round and didn't realize it until I was all the way at the other end of the strip. YES, I had a little frog party (can you say ripppit???)lol. BUT, and here's where my opinion changed...this time it's being done in ww YARN. Yes, that's yarn, NOT thread. With a decent sized H hook, not a tiny little size 10 steel hook. It's soo soo much easier in this medium and goes by so much quicker that I've discovered this bothersome little stitch isn't so bothersome at all....at least until the next time I encounter it in thread!!

No comments:

Post a Comment