A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Ophelia

I've had three calls today stating that school will be closed tomorrow due to inclement weather. Seems we're battening down and getting ready for Ophelia, but looking at the projected path, we're just going to get the edges - if anything. http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atlstorm16/projectedpath_large.html
I keep telling my husband that I'd rather go thru another earthquake than a hurricane (I've been thru one, not the other). Earthquakes sneak up on you, shake you up, and are generally over fairly quickly. Watching hurricanes creep up on you is another thing entirely and not something I'm very comfortable with.
Oh well, we'll see what happens. The kids are just happy to get an extra day off and although dh's jump was cancelled, he still has to work :(
g'night

No comments:

Post a Comment