A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Aztec Sun

Well I've finally finished the sun ghan! I've been down with a bad head cold today and I was so cold, nothing better than to snuggle under a nice warm blanket. Of course it gave me plenty of time to finish the last few rounds! Although I bought extra yarn specifically for this project when I started it, I ran out of red 2 1/2 rounds from completion. Talk about frustration!! Thankfully AC Moore is having a 25% off sale on their yarns so I picked up an extra skein yesterday and I used most of it to finish! I used a J hook and basic RH yarn, the final measurement of it is 78 3/4 dia. I had to stand on a chair with the ghan on the floor to get most of it in the photo.
When we were kids, my sister painted a big yellow/orange sun on the ceiling of her bedroom and she's such a vibrant person that this pattern literally screamed at me when I saw it and I knew I had to make it for her. Sure hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment