A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Saturday, October 01, 2005

"T" is for Tunisian

Maybe I should change that to "T" is for Tension (lack of or too much - it's all the same). I've recently learned Tunisian crochet and I'm finding that I have NO tension control. The more I do, the tenser I get, the tighter my stitches get. I've noticed as I'm working my way across the row that my shoulders start hunching up into my neck and it gets harder and harder to get my hook thru the posts, or if I'm working my way back thru the first loops.
Maybe it's because it's still new to me and I'm trying too hard (couldn't possibly be the stressors in my life). Anyway, is there anybody out there who has any advice on the matter? I'd love for you to leave a comment if you do. I really want to master this type of crochet. TIA

No comments:

Post a Comment