A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Busy Hooker


Phew, my slump is definitely over and my hooks have been very busy. I mentioned last week that I had joined a couple of charity groups for survivors of Katrina. I've devoted most of my crochet time for the past week to these 2 projects and have come up with the following.
The top picture is 6" squares for Squares4Survivors and the bottom is washcloths for ClothsforKatrina .
Yesterday I went to AC Moore and Hobby Lobby to see if I could find some more cotton on sale. I didn't find any cotton on sale, but I did find Wool-Ease on sale at HL for $1.37/skein so I finally bought some to start a project I've been wanting to make for myself. I also bought a couple of Red Heart Crystallites hooks. I've never used them before but they had the 'L' and 'M' that I've been looking for. What a dream to work with! I've always used Boye hooks and had never tried a 'straight' hook before. OMG I feel like I'm hooking 5x faster now!

No comments:

Post a Comment