A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Passing on/sharing the art!


My daughter's have been learning to crochet. They asked me months ago to teach them and I did teach them a basic chain. They both decided that was all they needed to know from me and instead tried to learn from a book I had bought them. After a while Amber gave up, but Alicia went off and did her own thing. After months of work (while not knowing any stitches, but "making up her own") she finished a 'scarf' that she wants to give to a friend. It's got some very interesting stitches, knots, spaces, and textures to it!
They both came to me this weekend ready to have another lesson so we started over with a basic chain. They made and remade chains until their tension wasn't so erratic (they learned this faster than I did!). Then we proceeded on to sc. They both did a couple of swatches before Amber decided it was boring, but Alicia just kept at it and made a LOT of improvement. She's still learning to count stitches per row and sometimes misses a stitch or two, and even sometimes does a blo or flo rather than going thru both loops! All in all though I'd say we had a very successful lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment