A single mom's musings about life, kids, and crochet.... mainly crochet.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Halloween Swap

Now that I've gotten word that my partner received her swap box, I can post pictures of what I made. I mentioned a while back that I was using FPDC for the first time and showed a pic. Well, I was using this cute pumpkin candy purse pattern and had a blast with it. Here's how mine turned out!

The next thing I made was this cute doily from Annie's Attic - Easy One-Day Doilies book.
The original pattern called for size 10 thread in teal and pink using a size 7 hook with a finished size of 5 1/2" dia. I wanted it to be a little bigger so I substituted size 3 thread in orange and black and used a size 0 hook. If I remember correctly, the finished diameter turned out to be just a little over 8 inches!
I had a lot of fun putting this swap package together and my kids got to help. We added a bag of candy corn, some different types of tea bags, a cute little stuffed witch, some halloween socks, and a leaflet of little boy afghan patterns. I sure hope my partner had as much fun opening the package as I had putting it together!

No comments:

Post a Comment